Saturday, October 17, 2015

#NOTD: Silver Dots

Hello everyone! Welcome back to another #NOTD post! I just got some new polishes so I decided to play around and came up with this simple nail look. I apologize for how inactive I've been recently on the blog, I've been swamped with school work and procrastinating so much on YouTube, but hopefully I'll be able to get back on my game before October wraps up. With that being said, let's just into the look~

What I Used:
(L-R): Treat and Boost (Revlon), Calypso (Sinful Colors), Glam Factor (Pop-arazzi)
Not depicted: Quick Dry Top Coat (Revlon)

Reinforcements (I ended up changing my mind so I didn't use them), Dotting Tools (Sally Beauty Store), Tweezers, Star Glitters (Taiwan)

Steps:
1. Apply a base coat to protect your natural nails - I used Revlon's Treat and Boost.

2. Apply a dark blue green polish to all your nails - I used Sinful Color's Calypso
Edit: I ended up changing my design and applied Pop-arazzi's Glam Factor to my pointer (left hand) and middle (right hand)

3. Take a dotting tool and using a silver color, make small dots on your ring finger

4. Take a small star glitter and apply to your pinky (left hand) and thumb (right hand) - you can pick any two fingers, I chose to put my star there.

5. (Original plan) Cut your reinforcement in half and place it on a finger of your choice on either hand to use as a guide to make a French tip.
Edit: I ended up applying silver to my pointer (left hand) and middle (right hand) because I didn't like how my tips came out.

6: Apply top coat to seal in your design.

The Final Product:

So this is what I came up it! I also picked up two other polishes from Sinful Colors so I'll see if I can come up with some designs using those colors. Let me know in the comments what you thought and if you have any suggestions for future designs! 

Foreverly Obsessed,







No comments:

Post a Comment