Saturday, January 17, 2015

Mini Review: Chronicles of the Nocturnal Forest

ISBN: 1497356954
Pages: 230 
Source: Author
Appearance:
23668418

Summary:
Melanie is living an ordinary, boring life when one night she is transported in her dreams to the Kingdom of Astebeth. Night after night, the fairy of her dreams will tell her the stories of the inhabitants of the Kingdom, its town, and the magical Nocturnal Forest nearby. A forest full of magical creatures where the impossible can happen. Soon, she comes to
suspect that her dreams may not only be dreams after all. Follow her on her incredible journeys that will take her to magical places and beyond Earth itself to discover the magical secret of the Nocturnal Forest in the first part of The Fairy of my Dreams trilogy.
 

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for how absent I've been but school's been super busy and next week I have Quarterlys which means I probably won't be posting often. Emoji Sad way to start the new year, but I promise I'll try to schedule ahead as much as possible! With that little update, I have a review to share with you guys today of Chronicles of the Nocturnal Forest by Vanessa King and I was send an e-copy by the author so thank you so much Vanessa! 

Chronicles of the Nocturnal Forest follows a girl named Melanie who lives her life through fairytales. Her normal is incredibly boring but when she closes eyes, she is transported to the Kingdom of Astebeth where a fairy shows her around the Nocturnal Forest. Each dream that Melanie has is a brand new fairy tale that paints the image of Astebeth in your brain. I read this a lot in between classes so the short story like format was great because I could easily slip in and out of the book without have to worry about not being able to get back into the story. I don't want to say too much about the dreams because the whole fun of it is experiencing the dreams for the first time. I will say that this would be a really cool story time book and completely transports me back to my childhood when I would read fairy tales from a huge Disney book. In addition to delivering an enchanting story, Vanessa King also addresses some pretty relevant topics, particularly the one about humanity destroying the Earth. With Astebeth currently in a natural crisis that leaves the kingdom dark at night, the only way to bring light and magic back is for humanity to learn to love and be happy without the light. Overall, the book was a really lovely read and Goodreads currently has a giveaway open so if you're interested, be sure to click the title to check it out! Again, thank you so much Vanessa for sending me a copy!

3.5 out of 5 stars
 

Foreverly Obsessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment