Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sweet Reckoning

ISBN: 0062265970
Pages: 379
Source: Library
Appearance:
16007855

Summary:
It’s time. 
Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.
The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.
In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.

Hi everyone! Sorry for being so crazy inactive these days! I started my SAT classes last week as well as work and I've been completely swamped. Anyway, so glad to be back! Today I've got a long awaited review to share with you guys! The Sweet Trilogy has officially drawn to a close Emoji Let's get started~

Everything that they've worked for is coming to an end. Anna and her Nephilim allies are forced to take their final stand against the demons and their corruption. Everything they know could change if they failed. The cards are played and now it's time to make the next move.

Oh my goodness this book! Be still my heart. Sweet Reckoning forced me to the realization that I have come to adore Anna, Kaidan, Jay, the twins, Z, Kope, Blake, Patti, even Anna's dad! They have grown on me so much and I was so sad to see them go. Wendy Higgins really created some amazing characters that are beautiful, swoon worthy (Emoji), and wonderful. I never really loved YA angel books but this just completely blew the standards and make my heart sob.

Anna matured so much in this book! She was a bit naive and annoying in the first but now at the end you get to see how much she's grown. No longer the pure and innocent one, she is holding the weight of a prophecy on her shoulders. While she is still struggling to come face to face with her destiny, she doesn't seek the easy way out. Even when Kaidan might suggest otherwise, she's ready to do what she can to free the Nephilim and the world from the Dukes' evilness. Sound the applause!

Sweet Reckoning made me laugh so much. It was all at the most random moments but a comment here or there made me burst into laughter. I loved how Wendy Higgins managed to lighten up the impending doom that we all knew was coming by making the last moments with the characters as heartwarming and beautiful as possible. We got to see that through the journey of this trilogy, the characters not only became friends but they became family. What started as a mere mission became a battle worth fighting for. All those little moments, and those BIG ones (you know what I'm talking about) were just so beautiful that you just had to smile.

The final battle scene was as epic as I had hoped. It was Nephilim against the Dukes and it was pretty epic. I wish that Anna could have done more, I mean she's the one with the Sword of Righteousness. It took me a moment to realize that she was given the Sword because she was pure of heart, killing another person would taint that purity. I'm not sure that's the exact reason, but that's my speculation. Emoji

Overall, beautiful ending to the trilogy. I definitely recommend it and I definitely plan on re-reading these someday in the future. The characters are lovable and definitely grow on you; their deaths completely rip your heart out. The impending danger and doom lurks at the edge of every story. It's a thrilling ride that will definitely capture your heart!

4 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment