Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mini Review: Jane's Melody

ISBN: 0988348268
Pages: 336
Source: Library
Appearance: 
17970416

Summary:
What boundaries would you cross for true love? 
That's the question a grieving mother must answer when she takes in a young street musician she believes can shed light on her daughter's death—only to find herself falling for him. A sexy but touching love story that will leave you both tantalized and in tears, Jane's Melody follows a forty-year-old woman on a romantic journey of rediscovery after years of struggling alone.
Sometimes our greatest gifts come from our greatest pain. And now Jane must decide if it's too late for her to start over, or if true love really knows no limits.


Hey everybody! Welcome back. I'm so super excited that June is around the corner because that means school is almost done and then it's SUMMER! Of course, I'd have to survive finals first. Anyway, let's not get too ahead of ourselves, today I've got a review of Jane's Melody which was a book I picked up really impromptu one day at the library. Man, I was not ready for them feels...

Jane's daughter has recently died of a drug overdose. As a single mother, she always thought that her relationship with her daughter was tight, but lately, it's only been getting worse. Finding out her daughter died completely broke her from the inside out. In her desperate search to reconnect with the young woman who died, Jane goes on a journey to find out who her daughter was months before her death. Her search leads her to Caleb, a street musician with big dreams. I knew from the beginning that the relationship in this story was going to have a mega huge age difference and that was actually pretty new to me. Honestly, I felt a bit uncomfortable at first because just growing up, huge age differences were never really a positive thing in society. You know what I mean? But super fast, my discomfort pretty much disappeared. Caleb and Jane's relationship is so sweet, so adorable, that you completely forget about the whole age difference. That is, until Jane brings it back up. Let's get the straight, I love Jane. She's an amazing woman with a big heart and she definitely deserves this second chance at love BUT she lacks so much in self-confidence in regards to her relationship with Caleb. LADY, the guy loves you, accept it and move on! He doesn't care that you're older or that you have old stretch marks from carrying your daughter. He LOVES you. I think that was probably the biggest thing that irked me through the whole story. Jane just had this constant lack of self confidence that every time my discomfort was going away she'd bring it back. It felt like no matter how hard I tried to shake my uneasy feeling, Jane would relentlessly push the idea back into mind. Okay, let's get this cleared up, I am NOT trying to offend anyone who has found love with someone older/younger, it's just a personal upbringing, please don't be offended. On top of all the romance, there was a lot of healing. With Caleb's help, Jane learns to step out of her comfort zone, to come face to face with the truth of her daughter, and to accept love. Jane's Melody is a beautiful story that really will just warm your heart with its beauty, plus it's got that gorgeous cover! Overall, I really enjoyed the story and definitely recommend it! :)
4 out of 5 stars

 Foreverly Obsessed,



No comments:

Post a Comment