Thursday, May 1, 2014

Forgotten

ISBN: 0316094617
Pages: 304
Source: Library
Appearance:
9415951

Summary:
Each night at precisely 4:33 am, while sixteen-year-old London Lane is asleep, her memory of that day is erased. In the morning, all she can "remember" are events from her future. London is used to relying on reminder notes and a trusted friend to get through the day, but things get complicated when a new boy at school enters the picture. Luke Henry is not someone you'd easily forget, yet try as she might, London can't find him in her memories of things to come. 
When London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flash-forwards, as the case may be, she realizes it's time to learn about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Hello everybody! Happy May!! Today I've got a review of a book that I've been super excited to read for a while! Let's go~ 

London Lane gets her memory erased at precisely 4:33 am every day. She navigates through life using notes and the help of her friends and her mom. She unexpectedly meet Luke Henry during a fire drill one day and you could probably say she's a bit in love. Her only problem is that she doesn't see him anywhere in her future, which could be one of two things. He leaves her life forever, or he dies. Suddenly, she starts getting these vision of a funeral and she can't tell who died other than the fact that it was a small child. In order for London to figure out what her visions mean, she has to figure out the secrets that were buried in her past.

I was so super hyped about this book after coming across it on a UK vs. US book cover "face-off" on a book blog. The premise of the story sounded really engaging and I haven't come across any books with similar a story line. My initial reaction after finishing this book was: Wow that's it? To be completely honest, this book ended way to soon. I felt like everything was just starting to get developed. The whole story seemed to be like it was on a fast-forward button and scenes just whizzed by. While I did love the story in general, it just went by too quickly for me to establish any real connection with the characters. 

London Lane is a character with a very complicated problem. I did like her as a MC, but like I mentioned before, everything felt like it was moving so fast, so I can't say that I established a connection with her. I've read a couple reviews that've commented on how quickly London falls in love with Luke and I'll admit that I was a bit disturbed by that as well. But as the story unfolds, you discover that they've met before and I guess you could say that they started falling in love. Now, even though she constantly resets at a certain time, there are some feelings that the heart won't forget. All in all, she was a pretty decent character, and it was really interesting/fun to read through her perspective and see how she views the world everyday.

One minor disclaimer for the story, I thought that the "destroy her future" aspect of the story would be a bit more exciting as in there's suspense, mystery, all that fun stuff. Instead it's a bit less exciting, but at the same time, "it" (trying not to spoil anything) does reveal a lot of information about the past, about London, so I does pay off a bit. It was kind of disappointing because I was definitely expecting something more life threatening, but again that's my opinion.

Overall, this was a really fun and interesting read. Like I already said, the book just seemed a bit rushed for me to really enjoy it to the fullest. I wished that some parts of the story could have been more developed instead of just taking up a couple pages in the story. I would recommend this, but just don't go in with super high hopes because the book might not meet all of them. Forgotten is definitely an interesting book and you guys should give it a try, but don't be too quick to establish what you think is going to happen. If you go in with just the summary in the back of your mind, I think you'll enjoy it pretty well. :)

3.5/5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,



No comments:

Post a Comment