Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lady Thief

ISBN: 0802736149
Pages: 304
Source: Library
Appearance:
16181630

Summary:
Scarlet’s true identity has been revealed, but her future is uncertain. Her forced marriage to Lord Gisbourne threatens Robin and Scarlet’s love, and as the royal court descends upon Nottingham for the appointment of a new Sheriff, the people of Nottingham hope that Prince John will appoint their beloved Robin Hood. But Prince John has different plans for Nottingham that revolve around a fateful secret from Scarlet’s past even she isn’t yet aware of. Forced to participate at court alongside her ruthless husband, Scarlet must bide her time and act the part of a noblewoman—a worthy sacrifice if it means helping Robin’s cause and a chance at a future with the man she loves. With a fresh line of intrigue and as much passion as ever, the next chapter in Scarlet’s tale will have readers talking once again.


Hey guys! I got my hands on the second book in the Scarlet series by A.C. Gaughen and I'm so excited to share with you my thoughts! The cover is just so freaking beautiful, can we just stare at it?? Okay, I'll stop being weird. I absolutely adored Scarlet and I desperately wanted to know what happened next. So without further ado, let's go :)

I have to admit that I was a bit scared to start Lady Thief because Scarlet pretty much summed up the story of Robin Hood, at least the Disney version. The Sheriff was gone and everything was kind of better, but I forced myself to stop putting it off  because what could possibly happen next. Well, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Lady Thief starts with the news of Prince John's arrival to appoint a new Sheriff as well as the return of Scarlet's husband Lord Gisbourne. I read through Lady Thief in one sitting because it was so fast paced and full of action that I just simply could not put it down. In the book you get to see Scarlet really grow from a girl faking to be a boy to a woman who is not afraid to fight for what she believes, even if that means risking her life. 

Lord Gisbourne was a bit of a tricky character for me. I absolutely despised him in the first book and he was still equally despicable in the second book, but there were just these moments where he showed some humanity and you felt something for him. Of course those feeling were soon destroyed by his blech-ness, but my view of him did increase a tiny bit. His whole drive behind marrying Scarlet and becoming such a hated character was all for approval in the eyes of others. He wanted the other lords to think highly of him, he wanted to be favored by Prince John. Just with that knowledge, it's hard to hate him as much. But I still didn't like him. ;)

In Lady Thief, Scarlet and Robin's romance continue to blossom and it's really adorable. In some sense they are star-crossed because no matter what they do, they always get pulled apart. Their determination to be together was so heart-wrenching and beautiful, they just need to be together. Seriously, A.C. Gaughen, please just give them their happy ending!! 

One last thing to mention, Lady Thief reveals a lot of information about the past. It's really mind blowing to see the past in some sense of all the characters, especially Scarlet. You learn a lot about where she came from and her connection to the royal court. It was really amazing to read and I loved the creativity that A.C. Gaughen used to write the second book. AND I found out that there is going to be a third book and I am so so so happy and excited and I need it now, please NOW. 

If you haven't guessed, I highly recommend this book, but don't pick it up if you haven't read the first book because the adventure starts there. If you have read Scarlet and you're iffy about whether you should give Lady Thief a try or not, YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD! It's good, I promise, you'll like it. :)

4 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed, 



No comments:

Post a Comment