Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Defining Destiny

Defining Destiny by Deanna Chase
ISBN: 9781940299129
Pages: 300
Appearance:
20698199

Summary:
When destiny fails…
Singer-songwriter Lucy Moore thought her life was perfect. At just twenty-one, she’s already met her soul mate and together they’ve landed a recording contract. But when her father dies and the love of her life betrays her in more ways than one, she returns home to pick up the pieces. On the shores of Mendocino, California, Lucy has some decisions to make. Should she start a solo career? Or should she leave it all behind for some semblance of normalcy in the quiet town she grew up in? And what about Seth, the tortured artist who always seems to be there when she needs him?
Seth Keenan has demons of his own. Eighteen months ago, he was involved in a horrific accident that he never talks about. His career as an accomplished oil-paint artist has been abandoned, replaced by the buzz of his tattoo gun. And women—well, he never sticks around for longer than a few hours of pleasure… until he meets Lucy. After one evening of listening to her seductive voice, he’s pulled under. But what about the vow he made to never get close to anyone again?
In a world where everyone has one true soul mate, can these two find love in the arms of each other?


Hey everyone! Today I have the chance to review Defining Destiny which was given to me by Author's HQ so a big thanks to them for this opportunity. Anyway, let's not dawdle and get into the review!!

This book hooked me in from the very beginning. Right from the start, you are exposed to Lucy's emotions. The first word itself is Exhilaration which you'll find soon enough is replaced with extreme annoyance. There's no time for sweet words, Lucy is extremely p.o.ed with life and you get bombarded with her emotions which brings to technically to the heart of her character. Also from the start, I freaking hate Cadan. Not going easy on him, he can go dive off a cliff. I'm pretty sure you'll have the same reaction me. It just takes that much jerkiness to tick me off.

Okay, so moving on to the actual story. The whole "soul-mate" idea was really intriguing and I liked how it added a lot of depth to the characters. Let's just say this before I repeat it a million times. I loved how the characters were really well developed and deep. Back to the topic, to find your soul-mate meant to be interconnected with someone in some magical way. Many believe that it's also a call of marriage, but for some that's not the way it goes. At times I was annoyed with the soul-mate concept because that was the main reason Cadan kept coming back with all his crap. But other than that, it was just a really interesting concept that (again) added depth to the story.

Lucy and Seth have made it onto my list of new ships. Their relationship is so delicate and built purely on emotion. Lucy is really mad at life and Seth is wallowing in his ocean of grief. Of course they'd be perfect together! In Lucy, Seth finds new inspiration to pick up his pencil to draw again. In Seth, Lucy finds someone to lean against when the world is falling apart, knowing that whatever happens he'll stand by her side. I'm a sucker for romances, and Deanna Chase perfected their love story in a lot of aspects.

I'm going to annoy you (person reading this) by repeating myself: The DEPTH of the CHARACTERS! Why am I mentioning this? Well, because at the end of the book, I didn't want it to be over. I absolutely flat out loved the ending, but I desperately didn't want to let go of the characters. I didn't care much for the plot, but the characters really grew on me and I ended up really really really loving them. I would definitely recommend this to any romance fans out there because I guarantee you, the characters will make your heart sing. That's it for my review loves, hope you guys enjoyed and leave a comment below telling me what your favorite genre is. See y'all around~~
3.5 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv


No comments:

Post a Comment