Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters

Here's my first post in 2014!! Wow it's been a while but I honestly can't wait for this movie to come out! 2 more days!! This movie is based on a series called Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead and it's one of my favorite series of all time.



So basically this is another vampire movie, but before you roll your eyes and groan, it's not the typical vampire romance movie where the girl falls in love with the vampire and turns into a vampire for him.
This one is different. The plot centers around Rose and her best friend Lissa. Rose is half vampire, half human, they're called dhampires. Lissa is a good vampire, they're called Moroi, who co-exist peacefully with humans and can manipulate the four elements, water, earth, air, fire. She not just any Moroi, she's a royal Moroi, the last of her family. There are also bad vampires called Strigoi who live of Moroi blood. Some dhampires, like Rose, train from a young age to become Guardians, they protect Moroi and kill Strigoi. Two years ago, Rose and Lissa ran away from school, St. Vladimir's Academy, because they didn't feel safe there. Now, they're being forced to return.Rose will continue her training under the instruction of Dimitri Belikov, whom she falls in love with. Even with Guardians on guard, St. Vladimir's isn't safe, Rose must do all that she can to protect Lissa.
The cast includes Zoey Deutch as Rose, Lucy Fry as Lissa, and Danila Kozlovsky as Dimitri. I completely approve of the cast! Zoey makes a fabulous Rose and Lucy can pass as Lissa.

I read this book a while ago in elementary school and fell in love with it!! (Don't worry, it's not a kiddy book) There are 6 books in this series and they're all amazing!! I would definitely recommend reading them! Riv is going to read them and write a book review on them (right Riv?). I think she already did one on the comic book of the first book.

I've been waiting for years for this movie to come out and it's almost here!!! I'm going to treat myself to this movie as an after-midterms celebration!! I honestly cannot wait to see it!!

I hope this was an okay post, my brain is literally fried from midterms right now....
I'll try and do a makeup haul post soon (I got a lot!!)

~Claudz

No comments:

Post a Comment