Monday, November 25, 2013

Music Monday: Unconditionally

Unconditionally by Katy Perry
Or click here

Cover by Jason Chen and Megan Nicole
Or click here

This song has been on replay ever since Jason and Megan came out with their cover last Wednesday. I loved their harmony and the connection they made to their collab on Just Give Me A Reason by P!nk a couple months ago. It's a good ending to that little love story. Then I got the guts to listen to the original and it turned out to be really good too! No offense to singers, but a lot of times if I hear a cover by a YouTuber I love and then search out the original, I don't like the original as much. This one proved me wrong! Loved both versions and the lyrics have officially been ingrained into my brain, and probably some parts of my history outline. Haha, now onto the lyric analysis!

So come just as you are to me
Don't need apologies
Know that you are all worthy
I'll take your bad days with your good
Walk through the storm I would
I do it all because I love you
I love you l love you


This is the second verse of the song. I just really love the lyrics in general. I think it emphasizes the whole idea of the whole song, loving someone unconditionally. I mean, if you really love someone, you'll stick through the bad and good for them and maybe even grow with them as they journey on.

So open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart and just let it begin
Open up your heart
Acceptance is the key to be
To be truly free
Will you do the same for me?

Bridge of the song. First of all, I just really like the melody/tempo to "Open up your heart and just let it begin." The words after that I think are just really well said. Acceptance is the key to be free. In any sort of relationship, romantic or not, you are choosing (I hope) to accept the other flaws and all. Like in the movie Princess and the Frog, accept them "warts and all." XD Lessons to be learned from Disney~

5 out of 5 stars

Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv




No comments:

Post a Comment