Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Top Tuesday: All I Ever Wanted

All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins
ISBN: 0373774583
Pages: 409
Appearance:

Summary: 
One Happily-Ever-After Rocking Chair... 
and no sign of any forthcoming babies to rock in ol' Georgebury, Vermont. For Callie Grey, turning thirty means coming to grips with the fact that her boss (and five-week fling) is way overdue in his marriage proposal. And way off track because Mark has suddenly announced his engagement to the company's new Miss Perfect. If that isn't bad enough, her mom decides to throw her a three-oh birthday bash in the family funeral home. Bad goes to worse when she stirs up a crazy relationship with the town's not so warm and fuzzy veterinarian, Ian McFarland, in order to flag Mark's attention. So Ian is more comfortable with animals.... So he's formal, orderly and just a bit tense. The ever-friendly, fun-loving and spontaneous Callie decides it's time for Ian to get a personality makeover. But dang, if he doesn't shock the heck out of her, she might actually fall for Vermont's unlikeliest eligible bachelor.... 



Hey guys, so I decided to combine a book review with a Top Tuesday post. So I borrowed this book from the library in my last "book haul" and while I do have one more book to finish, this book is by far my favorite from that haul. So I guess you could call it my "top book choice." 

Okay, so let's get started. First of all, I thought Callie went a bit over the top while mourning for her ex who I thought was a complete idiot. I mean, you have a fling with my girl during a business trip because you've both just had a near death experience and then come back to the work world and tell her, “Honey, it’s not the right timing.” No sir, you did not just do that. And after that, you hook with another girl just cause you want the deal her daddy has. No, that's just plain out wrong.

Second, can we stop for a minute and cheer over Mr. Grey’s marriage. I mean, it’s not every day your parents get married again after an ugly divorce that’s scarred your older sister. I just think it is super cute how he tried to win his wife again after 20 years of repentance and accepting what he did wrong.

Now more about Callie. I love her wittiness and overall optimistic view of life despite that loser of a boyfriend. Even if she didn't exactly start out with the goal to win Ian for Ian not for payback, I still think she’s super awesome! As for Ian, man I feel for you. I mean, your wife filed a divorce and then you found out the girl you’re in love with was technically using you until she fell in love with you herself and you got heartbroken and all. But STILL, at least you got the guts to chase after her in the end so applause for you!! 

Now idiot boyfriend's new girlfriend. Sorry, I just gotta rant about this girl. You come into Callie's life be all "I'm so much better than you," and then you pretty much try to make her life a living hell? Then after her grandpa (who btw, I adore) dies you show up and act all sorry for your actions. Okay, maybe I'll forgive you, but still UGH!
 image
Okay, now that my anger's out of her, let's move on to Mr. Boyfriend. I don't remember his name because honestly, it's not worth remembering. First, like I said before you dumped her after a biz fling. Second, you hook with a daddy's girl for daddy's money. Then, you dump daddy's girl after you got the deal with daddy and come running back to Callie saying you love her and that you were wrong. Fourth, you freaking kiss her and break Ian's heart. Dude, I hate you on so many levels.
image
On a second thought...
image

Really, sorry for my vivid gifs but WHAT THE HECK is wrong with this guy. 


I'm taking one. Okay, sorry guys. So that was my little rant about the story. Hope you guys liked the review and I 100% recommend this book because despite all the annoyin' stuff, it's a great read and I really enjoyed it! If you do pick it up, let me know!!!



Love made you a better person. Made you feel protected and precious and chosen. Chosen such a lovely word! And in loving someone else you became better...noble and generous and beneficent.

Unfortunately, I wasn't pregnant. Not with a child anyway. With Betty Crocker vanilla supreme. That's right. I had a food baby.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. So snap out of it.

4 out of 5 stars


Foreverly Obsessed,
Riv












No comments:

Post a Comment